All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   NL   HU   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   SV   NO   IS   IT   FI   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Dizionario inglese-italiano

BETA Online Dictionary Italian-English: Enter keyword here!
  ÁáÀà...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Italienisch
 Hi, need help in this sentence »
« Is there a doctor in the forum?    

Italian-English Translation of
Phrase into Single

« go back | show/hide answers | follow discussion
Term:
Phrase into Single words  
by bugsymarco, 2018-06-12, 04:11  like dislike  Spam?  73.216.102...
Hello!
So I recently came across a picture that said "Veni. Vidi. Amavi.", and the caption said that when translated from latin, it meant "I came, I saw, I loved."

I was wondering if there was a way to translate "I lived. I loved." into Italian, in single words like that. I can't seem to figure out how to properly translate it. I was interested in making this into a tattoo, but I want to be 100% sure that I have the correct translation :)
Answer:
by Squirrel-quattro (UN), 2018-06-16, 19:46  like dislike  Spam?  
If "Veni. Vidi. Amavi." is Latin, not Italian.
In Italian, "I lived. I loved." would maybe (!) be "Vissi. Amai." ("I came, I saw, I won." is "Venni, vidi, vinsi": Wikipedia(IT): Veni,_vidi,_vici).
In Latin, it could maybe (!!) be "Vixi. Amavi.", but there is an Latin-English-forum, too: https://enla.forum.dict.cc/

Please note, that I am neither a native speaker of Italian nor of English, and that I'm not able to speak Latin.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | contact / privacy
Italian-English online dictionary (Dizionario inglese-italiano) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers