All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Dizionario inglese-italiano

BETA Online Dictionary Italian-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáÀà...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Italienisch
 Any help appreciated »
« Name    

Italian-English Translation of
Proverb translation

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
Proverb translation  
by Jonathanfarah91, 2017-04-20, 12:38  Spam?  194.126.21...
Could someone please help me translate these words? And what does it mean? Google translate did nothing, it made it harder. I'm thinking it's a proverb:
"O sguardi che son come mani d'amante, dentro un tesoro di femminee chiome" - Amalia Guglielininetti
Thanks
Answer:
by Squirrel-quattro (UN), 2017-04-20, 19:31  Spam?  
I don't think it's a proverb. A translation attempt:
"Oh glances/looks which are as/like lover's hands, in a treasure of feminine treetops."

It's probably not the best English, as it's not my native language, but I hope it helps you to understand the sentence.

PS: There's a typo in the author's name in your post ("m", not "in"): Wikipedia(EN): Amalia_Guglielminetti ;)
Answer:
Please ask Paul!  #869155
by Jonathan Farah, 2017-04-21, 00:29  Spam?  194.126.31...
This is a question for Paul, dict.cc's creator. You can email him at paul4;dict.cc.
Answer:
Translation  #869592
by BioIdra (UN), 2017-04-28, 14:53  Spam?  
"Oh glances that are like lover's hands, inside a treasure of feminine mane"
It's definitely not a proverb, most likely some form of poetry that google translate has issues with because the language used is very refined.
For the meaning of it I don't know if it's a part of a larger composition, if it isn't I guess the meaning is up to your interpretation.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Italian-English online dictionary (Dizionario inglese-italiano) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads