All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Dizionario inglese-italiano

BETA Online Dictionary Italian-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáÀà...
  https | Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Italienisch
 Senza stato si sta bene giù le mani dalla val s... »
« Any help appreciated    

Italian-English Translation of
WW1 postcard Italian

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
WW1 postcard, Italian man to Czech Legionnaire  
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-01, 10:02  Spam?  
Could someone please help me understand the text in the postcard.  It was written to my grandfather who was fighting in the Czech Legion with the Italian army on the Austrian border.   The back has some printed poem in Italian about freedom and glory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgnza2tv9rt8npg/PerugiaCard.jpg?dl=0

Many thanks
Answer:
Broken link  #867857
by BioIdra (UN), 2017-04-01, 04:23  Spam?  
Your dropbox link is broken.
Chat:    
Fixed link  #867863
by JamesPleski (UN), 2017-04-01, 10:03  Spam?  
Oops, sorry. It's fixed now
Answer:
Answer  #868329
by BioIdra (UN), 2017-04-08, 11:22  Spam?  
The writing is really hard to read due to the writing style, photo resolution and age , this is what I was able to read with a little guesswork() here and there:

"Con un po' di ritardo rispondo alla sua cartolina dove (apprendo) che gode di ottima salute, così le auguro che sia sempre.
(Mi scriva) sempre che mi fa molto piacere di sapere le sue (notizie).
Riceva tanti saluti dalla mia famiglia, da me riceva tanti saluti e (pensieri) sua conoscente-nome-"

Which translates to

" I answer with a little delay to your mail from which I learn you are very healthy and I wish you will be so always.
Keep writing to me, i love hearing news from you.
Many regards from my family and many regards and thoughts from me, your acquaintance -name-"

EXTRA INFO: The letter is sent to Caporale(Corporal) Goffredo gunners squad 2nd battery 2nd company which I guess is your grandfather and seems to be sent by a woman whose name I cannot decipher.
Chat:    
Translation  #868331
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-08, 12:02  Spam?  
Thank you very much. I was puzzling a bit over this name Goffredo as my grandfather's name is Bohumir.  But now that I think about it, Bohumir is Czech for Godfrey or Geoffrey, and I guess now that Goffredo is just an Italian version of his name.  It's quite useful to know his squad in the Czech Legion in Italy, so thank you for the translation.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Italian-English online dictionary (Dizionario inglese-italiano) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads