|   All Languages   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Dizionario inglese-italiano

BETA Online Dictionary Italian-English: Enter keyword here!
  ÁáÀà...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations

LoginSign Up
Home|New Website|About|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Italienisch
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic help needed   Chat and other topics   Dictionary entries   Contribute!  

Italian-English Translation Forum

This is the place to post your translation requests in English or Italian and to help others with your skills and knowledge. Important: Always give the context of your enquiry!
Search | Guidelines | New Question
Term:
Light Profanity and Preferably "Funny" swear words  
by LeonardoDaVinci (UN), 2015-11-07, 11:34  like dislike  Spam?  
[(everything in brackets shouldn't be translated!)

Hello everyone, I would really be glad if you could help me out with some translation. I want a couple of Italian emotional/expressive remarks like "soft" swearing words, preferably some could be a little funny I guess, for a satirical literary work I'm writing. The mood of the story is sort of fun and easy-going and the made-up "author" is Italian, so he throws in a few swear words here and there. They are not supposed to be too harsh (no fuck, cunt, dick etc please) just keep it light. Below are a couple of example lines I'd like translated. Of course, if it feels like too much to translate, I'd be more than happy with anything! :)

Thanks!]

[Light swear words like...] Damn, darn, crap, heck, dang, hell, shit, damnit/Goddamn it, etc.

[Adjectives to describe nouns...] Stupid (noun), idiotic (noun), bloody (noun), foolish (noun), silly (noun), dumb (noun), etc.

[Somewhat derogatory nouns] Jackass, idiot, moron, fool, imbecile, jerk...
[and more like that if you can, if there are good ones in Italian]

[I'd appreciate if you could add an English translation for the swear words so I know what they mean. If you can come up with any more, and have time, just add 'em! :)
Okay, so thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it!

Regards,
Sebastian]
 « go back

back to top | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | contact / privacy
Italian-English online dictionary (Dizionario inglese-italiano) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Advertisement